Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

If one googles "pretty christmas lights" dozens of youtube videos of behemothic, computer-directed residential Christmas light displays come up, all sychronized with various techno versions of holiday songs. They all start looking the same after awhile. I like this one though ~ noir Christmas light display video:




This is my favorite though, simple and to the point:





I don't know if this old Nat King Cole tune is a Christmas song or not, but it feels like one to even to my own heathen self.




Instapundit turned me on to PomplamooseMusic a couple of years ago. I love her voice and the videos are charming. They and their friends put together a series of music videos celebrating the season. Here's Silent Night...




O Come, O Come Emmanuel...



And now it's time to open up your gifts...Merry Christmas, Gayle



And Tacy...




And Merry Christmas to me.




At Christmas play, and make good cheer,
For Christmas comes but once a year.
Thomas Tusser, 1580


1 comment: